Just Me

My photo
Tacoma - you know - TTown, Washington.PacificNorthwest.America, United States
Recently 30! HomeOwner. StepMom of 2. Auntie to many, augie to 1.

Beautiful Ben

Beautiful Ben
Big Ben and the House of Parliament

17.9.08

Imaginary Friends.

I have recently resurrected a once loved and treasured past-time. I have returned to the land of vivid imagination through the doorway of a book.
I STARTED READING AGAIN! And although it is something I haven't done in years, I quite think it agrees with me.

After so recently finishing the TV series 'The O.C.' and my thoroughly high level of appreciation for the Southern California lifestyle I picked up an old favorite. A series about a girl, a young girl living in the South C. The Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn. I grew up reading these books and I have truly loved revisiting my old pals, peculiar treasures, my imaginary friends.

Years of watching TV series after TV series definitely has my mind working in an episode by episode mode. I like to put faces to characters. If they were to make the Christy Miller series into a TV series, who would play the characters???

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It's been SO LONG since I've read those books and I don't know that I ever read them more than once. Off the top of my head I don't even recall some of those characters. But I will tell you this - Christy is definitely not Mischa Barton. Amanda Bynes would be good but I will have to think on that one more. I don't recognize the picture on the "right" who would be portraying Todd. I know the one on the left is Kelly Slater and that's probably a fairly good match. Obviously you have Chloe (?) and Superman and then Minka Kelly and Justin Bartha. ???? I can't recall Doug and Tracy but justin bartha is SO FUNNY that I would love to see him in a regular tv series!

JTJones said...

I'm with you. Originally I was thinking Jensen Ackles for Todd, but he doesn't have blue eyes. Kelly Slater is PERFECT.
Mischa looks to me like what Christy would look like, but I can't imagine her with the first books hair cut.
(the guy on the right is Matthew Davis previously known as "hot guy" from Pearl Harbor. he was in Legally Blonde/Blue Crush/What about Brian)

JTJones said...

Last night I started Secrets, the first in the Glenbrooke Series.